Grab your towel - it's time for a ginger steam!Apr 03, 2022
Ginger steams are an easy way to help clear out stagnation in your head. The drying and clearing qualities of ginger can work miracles to clear our mucous.
Here are the steps to creating a healing ginger steam.*
- Place a pot of water with several slices of fresh ginger in it (or you can shred the ginger with a grater) on the stove and bring to a boil
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and place on a surface where you can sit and lean over the pot (you can also transfer the ginger water to a bowl if you' d like).
- Put a towel over your head and surrounding the bowl to create a tent for the steam to stay inside.
- Breathe in deeply through the nose and let the steam loosen the gunk in your head and chest for as long as the steam lasts.
*you can also add fresh rosemary or a drop of eucalyptus essential oil.
Simple yet effective Ayurvedic remedies are very similar to what all of our grandmothers or great-grandmothers used to know. Unfortunately, in our modern world, this knowledge has been marginalized. But, we can revive it. We can remind ourselves and each other that we have the tools and medicines we need to heal, right where we are. Each season holds its blessings and challenges. Living in rhythm with nature allows us to be prepared and grateful for the balance of all the elements.
Download the Doshic Clock so you can live in rhythm
for health and happiness.